Dear Edge and East Coast Wizard Families and Customers:
As of the date above the following rules and procedures apply to the Edge Sports Center ice rinks.
Below are key safety points we will operate under effective immediately. We will continue to monitor safety guidelines from the CDC and State of Massachusetts daily to determine if we need to adjust our protocols as the situation changes. Based on the recently updated State Guidelines issued, the following protocols must be followed at the Edge Sports Center.
- Anyone entering the Edge must log in the contact tracing app located in the Lobby.
- Players must bring their own water bottles.
- Locker Rooms and showers are open at 50% capacity. This is 13 people per locker room. Users must monitor capacity and comply with the regulations. Locker room use is limited to 15 minutes prior to ice time and 10 minutes after completion of event.
- The number of people in the rink is limited to 50% of capacity. This includes players, coaches, officials and spectators. No spectators for adult hockey (over 20 years old).
- All players, coaches, officials, spectators, and staff must wear a face covering while on the property, including while on the ice.
- Players should use the main lobby to enter the rink and exit the rink directly to the parking areas through the emergency exits. There is no returning to the lobby after the game. Upon completion of each event, everyone must leave the building as quickly as possible. There is no loitering in the lobby or other areas of the rink.
- All public areas of the rink (locker rooms, lobby, restrooms, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. If you see an area that needs cleaning please notify the rink staff.
- Please make frequent use of the hand sanitizer available in the lobby and hand soap in the bathrooms.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be followed at all times and in all areas of the building and on the property. It is the responsibility of all customers to follow the guidelines.
- Facility Owners, Activity Organizers, participants, staff, coaches, volunteers and guardians/parents must also comply with all relevant transportation safety requirements, including but not limited to, ensuring that staff, volunteers, and parents/guardians are not transporting athletes that are not immediate family members. In the event that transportation of non-family members becomes necessary, all parties in the vehicle must wear cloth face coverings or face masks and to the extent possible have external air circulating in the vehicle such as opening a window.
- All games are played under USA Hockey rules. Checking is allowed at the appropriate levels.
- Face coverings are required for all players and coaches at all times during the game and while at the facility.
- Players should remain socially distanced as much as possible while on the bench. Benches have been extended to help with this.
- There will be no handshakes after the games.